Booking modification or cancelling
- Once a booking is placed, users cannot edit, move or delete the bookings themselves.
- If you need to modify a booking, please notify the respective manager for each campus:
|AGORA||Luigi Bozzo (email@example.com)|
|BUGNON||Luigi Bozzo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Yannick Krempp (email@example.com)|
|DORIGNY||Arnaud Paradis (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|EPALINGES||Florence Morgenthaler (email@example.com)|
- In case of absence (usually notified in the bookings or by automatic reply), you can also contact any other member of the staff to ask for a modification.
- Booking modifications have to be notified 24 hours in advance.
- Asking to modify a booking after the actual time of the booking is not possible.
- If a hardware or software issue prevents you to actually use the system at the time of booking, notify immediately the corresponding manager.
Excerpt form the CIF rules and guidelines
2.1. Booking of setups is made online using a webpage calendar. Each user has to type its own login and password to access this page. This record log will then be used for billing (see part 3).
2.2. Any use of the setups must be booked in advance. In case of extension of the period of work, it is mandatory to place a reservation before the new time slot is initiated.
2.3. When booking more than two setups during more than 4 hours a week, a preliminary discussion with the CIF coordinator or his substitute is required.
2.4. When booking workstations (computers), the users will have to mention the name of the software’s that will be used under “description”, because some software packages are available with a limited number of licenses.
2.5. The users who cannot use a station that they have booked will have to cancel the reservation at least 24h in advance by sending an E-mail (or by calling) the CIF collaborators. A reservation that is not timely canceled will be billed.
2.6. For technical or planning reasons, the CIF might potentially move or cancel the reservation of a user, after having announced it to the above mentioned user.
2.7. The CIF coordinator or its substitute will decide after an initial discussion about the imaging project with the user, which microscopy setup will have to be used. He will also estimate the duration needed for using of the setups.
2.8. In principle, all users have the same priorities for the reservations. In case of facility overload, a priority will be given to the users from the institutions that have financed the CIF, i.e. from the Fundamental and Clinical Sciences sections of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine.
These rules and guidelines have been approved by the FBM Deanship on 21 October 2013. They may be updated from time to time and users should refer to the last published version available on the CIF website.
Lausanne, June 1st 2004 – (updated June 2018).